Responsible Care® Policy Statement
Roehm America LLC, a Röhm group company, considers the safety, health and security of the public, its employees, contractors and customers and the protection of the environment to be of primary importance in the conduct of its business. We will meet all applicable laws, regulations, permits and internal requirements throughout the North America region. Continual improvement in our Environmental, Safety, Health and Security performance will be achieved with the commitment of every employee to:
- Operate our business according to the Guiding P rinciples of Responsible Care
- Implement management systems which integrate environmental, safety, health and security (ESHS) considerations into our daily business practices.
- Improve the safety of processes, reduce the quantity and/or hazard of wastes generated, and minimize or eliminate the release of contaminants into the environment.
- Support that all prod ucts and intermediates are properly registered and comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assist our employees, customers, regulatory agencies and the public with appropriate information necessary for their understanding of the ESHS aspects of our operations and products and the contribution our products make to our quality of life.
- Communicate our environmental, safety, health and security activities with interested parties.
- Along with fostering openness in dealing with stakeholders, take into a ccount public and employee inputs.
- Seek public input and respond to community concerns about our products and operations.
- Participate with government agencies, the public, interested groups and industry associations in the development of reasonable and sc ientifically sound laws, regulations and public policy.
- Train and hold each employee accountable for compliance with this Policy including developing objectives, setting targets and measuring performance.
- Ensure that adequate resources are provided to achieve the objectives of this Policy.